We’ve been blessed by family and friends bringing us meals in this postpartum season. If you are reading this, and that is you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Bijou is now 3 1/2 weeks old and life is starting to get real. Meaning, I am completely perplexed how anyone can cook dinner with TWO children. I know it will get easier and so I am trying to remember that no season is forever. Snuggling with my ladies is far more important than eating good food right now. However, on the nights when I’ve had help from my mom and mother in law, we’ve managed to make some pretty yummy grub over here. The nights they haven’t been here? Complete and utter chaos, crying babes and burned frittatas that are so inedible that your husband opts for another bowl of granola. But, here are some of things we have enjoyed lately…
1. Pork dumplings, recipe HERE//
2. Mango Avocado Salsa: 2 ripe avocados, 1 ripe mango, handful of chopped cilantro, a few glugs of olive oil, juice from 1/2 lime, a few pinches of sea salt.
3. Maple Balsamic Roasted Carrots: Cut in half and drizzle with equal parts olive oil and maple syrup (I probably used 4 tbsp each for a small bunch of carrots.) Sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until roasted to your liking.
4. The long anticipated Margarita!! One of my favorite recipes HERE
5. Some of the Best Burgers I’ve had in a long time (inspired by Crumbums) 1 1/2 lb. ground beef, 1 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. white pepper, 1 egg, 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese. Mix together, form into patties and grill.
6. Iced Americano’s, an absolute daily necessity for a tired new mama. Espresso in my bialetti is my absolute favorite!